Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why Did I Get Married?

I have spent the past 10 months reflecting on the above five words, Why Did I Get Married?  This may seem strange but I was never one obsessed with the fairy tale wedding story.   My ideal wedding picture was barefoot on the beach exchanging vows.  A ceremony that was low key and quiet; I was never one for pomp & circumstance! What I have learned now that I can say been there done that.  Recognize the red flags; don't ignore! 1) If a person is dishonest while dating don't expect this to somehow go away in the future of wedding bliss  2)if a person disrespects you while dating: it will only continue in the future of wedding bliss 3) examine a person's relationships with parents (and other family dynamics); this speaks volumes in terms of their morals and values  4)if the other person has interests they don't share with you: the behavior will remain  5)If the person does not hold a spiritual foundation on the priority list and this is important; keep it moving

I now know that people show you exactly who they are and what they are capable of from day one.  You have to demand no REPRESENTATIVES!

Since I have been there done that,  what do I want going forward? A respectable, chivalrous, honest, God fearing, (gentle)Man who can lead me to my next phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment